Hi Friends, Whether you love or hate to write an essay. no matter what classes you take in high school or college, you’re going to have to write an essay at some point.
There are few basic tips to understand to write a great essay. If you analyse the topic and understand the what the essay is asking, whether its asking for your opinion or the fact of a source, you can begin constructing your essay easily.
So follow some of steps listed below:
- Analyse the essay prompt first – understand the topic of essay and what it is looking for.
- Create a concise statement of main points.
- Make an outline of statement flow and what statement you want to include.
- Begin essay with a body and later integrate the main idea in the introduction.
- Begin each paragraph with a topic sentence and statement.
- Use credible source for the quotes and information used in essay.
- Don’t use fluff to bulk up your essay. If some information isn’t absolutely necessary, cut it out.
- Conclude your essay with a conclusion by restating your thesis statement. This is your chance to tie all of your main points together and go out with a bang. A good conclusion will address the main arguments of each body paragraph in a succinct way and thoroughly prove your thesis statement.
- Proofread, then proofread again, check grammar and spelling errors.
- Take out all conjunctions (aren’t, don’t, couldn’t, etc.). This will make your paper longer and is more appropriate for academic writing.
- Print out your paper, read it, and mark it up. You will notice more errors when reading it this way than on a computer screen.
- Have friends or parents read it. A second set of eyes can catch any mistakes you missed.
- Read it out loud. This will help with grammar mistakes. If it sounds wrong, it probably is.
Essays writing can be a challenge, but these writing tips can make the process a little easier.Hope this will help you writing a better essay each time.